About the Ministry
The Ministry of Transport and Communications is competent in organizing land and maritime transport services, developing and improve transport and communication services, study its projects, as well as supervise and follow up their implementation in order to expand the scope of economic movement and serve the requirements of the national development.
The Ministry is also competent in supervising and developing the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector according to the requirements of the national development, fostering a regulatory environment that is conducive to fair competition, developing and enhancing this sector and encouraging investment in relation to it. It is also responsible for securing and enhancing the efficiency of ICT infrastructure and developing the next ICT generation, as well raising awareness of the importance of ICT and how to use it safely to improve peoples’ lives and society; towards building a knowledge community based on digital economy and to implement and overseeing e-Government Programs
The Ministry of Transport and Communications is committed to provide safe, effective and environment-friendly transport system and develop the ICT sector in a way that supports the Qatar economic growth, quality of life and long-term sustainability to meet the National Development Requirements.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications is responsible for planning and developing the ICT sector efficiently and effectively to support Qatar’s economic and social development.
The Ministry’s Vision and Mission identify the key organizational principles and the strategic objectives of the Ministry to execute new projects, policies, infrastructure and services with highest quality standards in order to support Qatar’s economic and social development.
• Organize and develop the Qatar Land and Maritime Transport Sector, and ICT sector, and develop the integrated strategy and legislations that are required in accordance with Emiri Decree No. (4)/ 2016;
• Provide distinguished highly-efficient mass transportation facilities across the state and provide high quality service to citizens and residents;
• Develop land transport and navigation sector to match Qatar strategic location and the renaissance that it is witnessing;
• Develop the ports sector, maintain its infrastructure, and broaden the logistics sector within, as well as the best use of existing ports and completing the Hamad Port project;
• Achieve regional leadership in transport, encourage investment and create job opportunities in this sector;
• Develop aviation infrastructure, maintain its gains and activate the supervisory role in accordance with Qatari and international regulations;
• Provide high quality navigation services to achieve leadership in aviation;
• Develop and supervise the ICT sector, encourage investment in the sector and foster a competitive environment;
• Secure and enhance the efficiency of ICT infrastructure and develop the next ICT generation;
• Implement and oversee e-Government Programs;
• Raising awareness of the importance of ICT and how to use it safely to improve peoples’ lives and upgrading society;
• build a knowledge community based on digital economy; and
• Develop human resources and maintain trained personnel.